Monday, November 4, 2013

Building a Treehouse



So it seems weird. I know. But it's one of the classic DIY activities: building a fort, a hideout, a treehouse.

Now if you don't know me, I have absolutely no building skills. I can barely use pliers properly, so I looked up instructions online. (Keep in mind that I also suck at remembering instructions, as is readily apparent from my failed attempts to make a paint-by-numbers.)

So I got some links for you. http://treehouseguides.com will show you all the styles and steps of treehouse building. 

Apparently, a family built a treehouse for $300. I'm a little sceptical of its stability, but it looks cute.


Typically, treehouses are more expensive. Prices range from $500 to $2000. Depending on your preference or the tree, different styles will be chosen.

One of my favorite treehouses is actually a sphere.


I also like this cottage-style one.


This crazier one reminds me of the Mad Hatter.


Plan carefully and think about this decision before bulding. Make sure to choose the right tree, talk with the local planning department, and check with your insurance about any possible damage the treehouse might make. 

Most importantly, have fun!

1 comment: